With the holidays approaching, you might be looking to up the ante on your cocktail repertoire. But for those who are tired of the basic blends, a more complex concoction might cost a pretty penny, or even a few thousand if you want to get really fancy. By
Most Expensive Cocktails
To sip on the cocktail that will put the biggest dent in your wallet, grab a seat at The Ritz-Carlton in Tokyo and order the Diamonds Are Forever drink. This cocktail is the most expensive in the world, with a price tag of USD 22,600 (INR 17,19,080). It’s made with Grey Goose vodka, a twist of lime, and — as the name suggests — a USD 16,000 diamond (INR 12,17,048). Adding to its exclusive feel, it’s perhaps fitting that this beverage is only available at Tokyo’s tallest hotel.
But it’s not the only drink that comes with accessories. For USD 10,000 (INR 7,60,655), the Ono cocktail at XS Nightclub in Las Vegas includes a pair of silver cuff links and an 18-karat white gold chain. The ingredients in this cocktail — the second most expensive in the world — are not cheap either. With each sip costing about USD 1,000 (INR 76,065), this beverage is made with Charles Heidsieck Champagne Charlie 1981 and Louis XIII de Remy Martin Black Pearl cognac.
Meanwhile, in the heart of London‘s Mayfair, the Playboy Club serves a drink made from 1778 Clos de Griffier Vieux Cognac, 1770 Kummel liqueur, Dubb Orange Curacao circa 1860, and two dashes of Angostura bitters circa the 1900s. This concoction, known as Salvatore’s Legacy, will set you back about USD 7,000 (INR 5,32,458), making it the third most expensive cocktail in the world. Come for the beverage, but stay for the fine dining, casino, and much more.
Here are the other cocktails that made the top 10 list:
4. Sapphire Martini at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut: USD 3,000 (INR 2,28,196)
5. Sidecar at the Bar Hemingway in Paris, France: USD 1,670 (INR 1,27,029)
6. Original Mai Tai at The Merchant Hotel in Belfast, Northern Ireland: USD 1,270 (INR 96,603)
7. Hennessy at Subsix Underwater Bar in the Maldives: USD 312 (INR 23,732)
8. Hennessy Paradis Imperial Cognac at The Peak Bar in Tokyo, Japan: USD 248 (INR 18,864)
9. White Lady at the American Bar at the Savoy in Mayfair, London: USD 150 (INR 11,409)
10. The Admiral at Bad Luck Bar in Detroit, Michigan: USD 80 (INR 6,085)
From Paris to the Maldives, Belfast to Detroit, these adult beverages are certainly unique. Whether or not they’re worth the price tag is up to you.