When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TnlTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Alessandro Persico
At the Grand Hyatt Mumbai & Residences’ Celini, Chef Alessandro Persico’s Italian cooking invades all senses, effortlessly bringing flavours of the European country on to each plate. If this restaurant’s wood-fired pizza oven, rotisserie and charcoal grill aren’t enough to take you straight to the streets of Italy, then Chef Persico’s healthy renditions of Italian classics sure will. Being associated with the Hyatt Group of Hotels for the past 10 years further elevates the signature style he brings to the table. During his journey with the group, he has initiated new menus, helped promote food at the property, and has even curated events.
- Parma ham
- Parmesan cheese
- Crispy ham
- Caramelised onion
- Seasonal herbs
- Extra virgin olive oil
- In a pan, add some olive oil and roast the parma ham to make it crispy.
- Add caramelised onions to it, and toss well.
- Once the ham starts to turn brown, add spaghetti and mix.
- Add black pepper and squeeze some fresh juice from a half-cut orange. Cook this till the orange juice reduces, and turn off the stove.
- Next, add butter and toss it thoroughly through the spaghetti.
- Add chives, herbs, and grate some parmesan cheese on top. Toss well.
- Transfer the pasta to a plate along with the sauce.
- Garnish with orange zest, orange segments, chives, and crispy parma ham.