When stepping out of the cosy, and safe space of your home is not an option anymore, dreams of exploring the world brew up within you. Add in a drizzle of virtual travel and a splattering of gourmet food, and you’ve got what we call #TNLTasteOfTheWorld. Throughout the series, we’ll be getting in touch with chefs from around the world to recreate their signature dishes for you to try at home. After all, who said one needs to leave the house to embark on a culinary trail? Recipe by Chef Mansour Memarian
Dubai is undoubtedly one of the world’s most well-stirred pot of cultures and cuisines, with a range of communities and, by extension, flavours packed into one nation. In this potpourri lies Palazzo Versace Dubai where Chef Mansour Memarian oversees the food and beverage operations, including its six restaurants and two bars, as well as the catering services. This Iranian chef comes backed with over two decades of industry experience, and puree of German influences owing to his family origins. Along the way of his uphill journey, chef Memarian earned the title of the first Iranian Michelin Starred chef, bagged a second star, penned down a cookbook titled Gourmet Raffinessen, and won the tag of the Best International Chef in Austria in 2008.
For this episode of #TnlTasteOfTheWorld, Chef Memarian thrives on his Persian roots to bring to you Nargisi, a traditional dish of Iran.
- 4 quail eggs (poached)
- 100 grams spinach (sautéed)
- 5 potato cubes
- 70 grams of potatoes (whole)
- 30 grams garlic (sliced)
- 70 grams of butter
- 3 grams of salt
- 1 gram black pepper
- 5 grams fresh thyme
- 1-litre vegetable oil
- Melt some butter in a pot. In this, add potato cubes, garlic, and fresh thyme and cover it.
- Confit cook this for three to four hours.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs and set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté spinach with butter and season it with salt and pepper.
- Next, slice the potatoes in thin slices and deep fry it in vegetable oil. Repeat the same process with garlic.
- Plate the confit potato cubes, sautéed spinach, poached eggs, potato chips, and garlic chips together and enjoy!