Personal belongings of legendary chef Anthony Bourdain will shortly be up for sale. The amount generated will be used for the welfare of his family and for the Culinary Institute of America (CIA). By Kumar Shree
Even though chef Anthony Bourdain is gone, his name and legacy continues to shine through and inspire not only the current generation from the culinary world, but the upcoming generations of chefs and food enthusiasts as well. If you are an ardent fan of his life and works, well here’s your chance to get lay your hands at some of his belongings and keep a part of Anthony Bourdain’s life with you forever.
Almost 200 items from chef Anthony Bourdain’s collection will go on sale and can be seen on preview starting October 2. These possessions include his books, collected artwork, wristwatch, writing desk, the US Navy Jacket that Bourdain received on being rescued from Beirut during the war between Israel and Lebanon, and a custom-made Bob Kramer steel and meteorite chef’s knife that is touted as the most-prized element from this assemblage at around INR 4,25,000.
Online bidding for these possessions of Anthony Bourdain will go on from October 9 to October 30. Those living in the US are at an advantage as they can personally witness these belongings on display at three different exhibitions. These exhibits will take place in New York, Texas and Savannah throughout the course of the online-auction period.
Here are some of the belongings as listed on the iGAVEL AUCTIONS’s website, who are conducting the auction.
- Brad Phillips (Canadian), Cristine and Me as Still-Life, oil on canvas, 2016 (Est: $2,000–$4,000)
- John Lurie (American, born 1952), This Party Sucks, watercolor on paper (Est: $1,000–$2,000)
- Peter Lovig Nielsen teak flip-top desk, Denmark, 20th century (Est: $800–$1,200)
- Custom Bob Kramer steel and meteorite chef’s knife (Est: $4,000–$6,000)
- Chrome duck press from the Paris episode of The Layover (Est: $200–$300)
- Vietnamese blue-and-white ceramic tall bottle form vase, with cover (Est: $250-$450)
- An original typed manuscript or early draft for A Bone in the Throat by Anthony Bourdain (Est: $700–$1,000)
- Simpson script for The Food Wife, with signed inscriptions to Bourdain (Est: $800-$1200)
Around 40 percent of the amount generated from this auction will go towards the Anthony Bourdain Legacy Scholarship started by his Alma Mater, the Culinary Institute of America. Well, what are you waiting for! Just go ahead, register for the auction, and bring home a possession of the great Anthony Bourdain.