Gear up for a 10-day-long virtual festival where Bollywood’s top talents will play host to a lineup of exciting online experiences at Airbnb’s Bollywood Insiders. By Bayar Jain
Already an established name for curating alluring experiences, even in the digital domain, Airbnb has now introduced a bouquet of unique online experiences; this time, roping in Bollywood’s top talents into the mix. In an announcement made today, the unique home-stays and experiences aggregator has rolled out Bollywood Insiders, a 10-day festival that will celebrate the glitzy film industry with a series of online experiences hosted by some of the industry’s most talented names—both, in front and behind the camera.
Noting that this exclusive initiative pairs well the nation’s reverence for Bollywood and Airbnb’s penchant for curating unique experiences, Amanpreet Bajaj, General Manager – Airbnb India, Southeast Asia, Hong Kong and Taiwan says, “This programme aims to provide our community with the rare opportunity to interact with popular personalities from Bollywood and learn directly from these experts.”
Bollywood Insiders will kickstart on August 13, during which seven unique experiences will enthral. Think audition preparation techniques from ace director and choreographer, fireside chats with an Emmy award nominee actor, donning red carpet looks with a celebrity stylist, or even digging into indulgent cheat meals as sworn by celebrities…the lineup taps into it all!
This festival will give audience a chance to:
- Get a sneak-peak into International Emmy Nominee Arjun Mathur’s personal journey, and learn tricks of his rocketing stardom over an unscripted chat.
- Discover the behind-the-scenes of movie making and learn hacks to preparing for auditions by ace director, Farah Khan Kunder.
- Whip up indulgent cheat meals—as relished by Bollywood stars themselves—with award-winning chef Vicky Ratnani.
- Jam with Bollywood playback singer and Grammy nominee, Shilpa Rao.
- Dress to the nines and note style tips, courtesy of celebrity stylist Tanya Ghavri who has worked with fashion icons like Kareena Kapoor Khan, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, and Sara Ali Khan among others.
- Embark on a fitness journey with Shivoham, the force that has sculpted the likes of Ranbir Kapoor, Aamir Khan, and Jacqueline Fernandez.
- Get a photo-finish look and doll up at an experiential makeup session with beauty icon Namrata Soni, the artist who has crafted looks for Deepika Padukone, Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Janhvi Kapoor, and Sara Ali Khan to name a few.
Giving a small teaser, Kunder states that ‘having fun’ will underline the hour-long interactive experience—a mantra that the director follows in her day-to-day living as well. “My ‘behind the lens’ experience is going to be an hour of fun-filled conversations with a fun round of auditions where guests will get to deliver their favourite movie dialogues in front of me. I’ll also share a lot of behind-the-scenes anecdotes from my experience directing Bollywood films and skill building,” says the director.
Mathur, too, is excited for the partnership. Despite being a listed Airbnb Host (the actor’s Goa Villa is listed on the platform), the star feels Bollywood Insiders serves as a means to impart knowledge to budding actors. “My collaboration with Airbnb gives me a chance to share my learnings from the industry with a larger audience that is as fascinated with movies as I am.” Mathur adds, “…this is the first time I will be hosting an online experience. I look forward to connecting with movie enthusiasts from around the world and taking them through the nuances of the trade.”
Bollywood Insiders’ online experiences are now available for booking on a first-come, first-serve basis here.